March 16, 2010

Photos: Bratislava, Slovakia

Picture 1: A square in the old town. It sucks that it was such a dreary and rainy day. I think this place would be nice to see or hang out in during a sunny day.








Picture 2: The Photographer. Of the 3 famous statues I mentioned in the blog post, this guy gets the picture here since he is the picture taker. I like the angle that Rae got but if you’d like to see the Watcher, he is there, down by the door on the corner.








Picture 3: The feast we inadvertently ordered. Looking at the menu of the place I picked, the three of us decided to share a combo meal since it would be just as expensive as individual meals that we would have shared bites of anyway. But then this plate comes out with a layer of french fries on the bottom, a huge hunk of meat on the bone in the middle, calamari rings, toasted cheese bread, sandwichs, wursts, chicken wings, and a variety of dips/sauces. Amazingly enough we cleared this plate that was made for 4-6 people.








Picture 4: The UFO bridge. Rae has told me that the Soviet regime dismantled one of the oldest cathedrals in the area to get the materials for this bridge. It is the creepiest bridge I’ve ever seen and I would not want to drive over it. That’s all.

No comments: